Top 24 Unique Ideas For Your Next Narrative Essay
Narrative essays are my all-time favorite. I have always been a big fan of writing in the first person and I have never had a problem with finding experiences and stories from my past to recount. However, I totally understand why the same might be the reverse for people of a more introverted nature for whom the prospect of revealing even a tiny little bit of information about themselves might feel akin to ripping their own eyes out.
Unfortunately, like it or not narrative essays are a rigid part of the academic curriculum and so, you might as well do your utmost to embrace the experience. Here’re my top 24 unique ideas for your next narrative essay:
- A memorable event in your life – the experience could be good or bad.
- The first time you failed your driving test.
- Your first demonstration or political march
- The first time you rebelled against your parents – what were the consequences?
- A job interview that didn’t go according to plan
- A unique or off the wall experience with your best friend
- The first time that you realized that your parents/siblings/grandparents/next door neighbors were human.
- The first time you questioned the humanity of mankind
- The moment you became aware that there are people in the world that have a tougher deal than you.
- The time you realized that you were free to make your own choices. The power of free will.
- The first time you cooked a real meal and not just a microwaveable dinner.
- The first time that you said “I love you” or “I hate you” to someone other than your mom or dad.
- The moment that you don’t have to walk down the street naked in order to get noticed
- The time you realized that the police are actually on your side/not on your side
- A caravan holiday
- The package holiday from hell
- The time you realized that the world isn’t as big as you thought
- The feeling that you get when wearing your favorite perfume
- The feeling that you get when snuggled down in bed with a good book
- The feeling that eating chocolate gives you
- The first time that you ate so much that you made yourself sick
- The love that you have for your pet
- The countdown to a holiday/vacation
- The feeling when your credit card is declined at a store
Feel free to expand upon my ideas!