Academic Writing Tips - Key Elements Of A Narrative Essay
A narrative is an essay that is written to tell a story. It is very descriptive and should be written as if it tells a story. Here are some of the key elements of a narrative essay. These guidelines should help to make sure that you write this academic essay effectively. Remember that a narrative should be creative and informative.
A narrative should present an argument while it takes on the elements of a story. It should emphasize an idea while it tells a story. It is not just a recollection of an event but rather an idea that is explained in a creative way. It will still include a thesis and introduction, body, and concluding paragraphs.
- You want to be sure to choose the right words so that you play on the various emotions of your reader.
- Include all parts of a story if your paper is written as a story. You will want to include the setting, plot, characters, introduction, climax, and conclusion. If it is a book report, you wouldn’t write it as a story but rather an informative narrative that has the goal of informing the audience without using the pattern of a story.
- The essay needs to have a purpose. It needs to make a point. That is why you should make sure that you are using descriptions to explain a situation, event, or story.
- You can use the word “I” but it should not be overused.
- These essays usually come from the point of view of the author but they can take a little more creative approach as long as that point of view is clear.
- Make sure that you write an organized paper that flows properly. You should use transition and use an outline to make sure that you plan it properly.
A narrative essay is one that requires the use of a lot of details and specific information. You should always read through a few samples before starting because it will give you a good idea of how the paper should be written and how it should sound.
When writing an essay, it is so important to make sure that you edit your paper before turning it in to make sure that you don’t lose unnecessary points for small grammatical errors or misspelled words.